- 1.5 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the veggie broth to a boil. Add the couscous and stir. Then turn off the heat, remove from the heat and cover the pot. Let it stand while chopping the produce.
- Add all chopped produce to a large bowl.
- Let the couscous cool and fluff with a fork.
- add cooled couscous to the large bowl of chopped produce, then squeeze the lime juice over the top, stirring often. Add the cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- best when served chilled.